Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, or CPAP therapy, has quickly become the standard of care in the pre-hospital environment for the non-invasive treatment of acute respiratory distress and other forms of dyspnea.
FIVE KEY BENEFITS OF CPAP
Better outcomes for patients, less anxiety and less nosocomial infections.
Pulmonary stunting keeps alveoli open allowing patients to breathe easier.
Increased alveoli surface area improves oxygen delivery to the patient.
Many patients will begin to feel relief within seconds to minutes of application.
Simple to use
CPAP is authorized in many states at the BLS level because it's easy to understand and implement.
Total Patient Treatment Time
Oxygen availability and CPAP consumption at bedside/point of contact are important for a successful result.
- Consider total cost of ownership
- Up-front and replacement costs
- Current + projected run volume
- Medical protocols dictate indications
- BLS adoption
- FiO2 percentages
- Titratable CPAP pressure increments
- Overall noise of the system
- Comfort of the mask
- Important for patient compliance
- Proper fittings for airway kits
- Ambulance connections
- Compatability with receiving facilities that utilize CPAP and BiPAP
- Multi-parameter monitoring
- Including ECG, SPO2 and ETCO2
Bound Tree Medical can help you navigate the CPAP landscape with comprehensive solutions that include therapy knowledge, product options and inservice that will get you up and running efficiently and effectively.
Together, the Pulmodyne O2-MAX™ with integrated nebulization and Microstream™ sampling lines are designed to allow you to nebulize your patient while delivering positive and consistent pressure as well as provide early indication for patients at risk of respiratory compromise.